f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wilderness Only HCIM

Go down 
+3
Kawaiiron
Mat Mase
Iron Matko
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Oh I hadn't noticed you'd got those tips up Matko! Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Love the tips matko! One thing that I'm having trouble with is trying to get that 100k for a divine jar. Any tips on that? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:27 pm

Mat Mase wrote:
Love the tips matko! One thing that I'm having trouble with is trying to get that 100k for a divine jar. Any tips on that? Thanks!
lol me too. I've only got just over 1k so far...a long way to go!
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 3:13 am

Ahh yea knew I was forgetting something, I found the fastest method to kill black knights they dropped a lot of black armor that sold for a decent amount of GP to general store.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Wild

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 3:15 am

The only successfully way I made money is by smithing, killing skeletons to acquire bars and making bronze items to which i sold to the store, not only do you get money but you also train combat skills too.

Magic is one of the most important skill's, the higher it is the greater the accuracy. With the presence of a pker you can simply bind them (requires 20 magic) and then run away. Make sure to have a plentiful stock of nature runes.

When heading deeper into the wilderness make sure you are stocked with a lot of food and be observant of the surroundings.

Good luck and have fun pal's
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 3:31 am

Kawaiiron wrote:
Wow the Trips list really got longer! I thought you meant Trips as in "Tips and Tricks" but then you merged them together Razz I thought it was pretty clever, even if not intended lol

Rlly enjoying this so far, I got an iron scimitar from one of the bandits and I felt so good lol

haha lol didn't even cross my mind at all, was just a typo but will use that Very Happy

Yea I decided not to mention too much in the low lvl weapons as I upgraded then quite quickly, I pretty much stuck with iron dagger until the steel sword. Then stayed on black weapons until I could kill Ankous for that Mithril 2h. I really loved the 2h's once I got the black only upgraded to a better 2h, tried rune mace but ended up preferring the Adamant 2h.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 5:01 am

Thanks Emperor and Matko Very Happy will definitely be trying skeles and black knights later
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 1:16 pm

Emperor, which skeletons do you kill? I have killed both the ones at the ditch and the ones at the steel mine close to the first ones, neither dropped any bronze bars
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 1:43 pm

I got bronze bars from skeletons at bone yard found that best place for them, it's not a common drop can take time to collect a few.
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 7:57 am

Just updated Tips with a Map of the Wilderness.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:25 am

Iron Matko wrote:
Just updated Tips with a Map of the Wilderness.
Oh that's a fantastically useful map! Thank you! Did you add the references to the monsters yourself?
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks so much! Soo useful!
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:53 am

Yea took a screenie though the Map interface in game and added everything in my self, a few Icons are a little hard to see.

Added the water source one above the anvil west of bandit camp because it doesn't show on the map in game but can be used

Same spot hard to see the fishing bait also another one in the structure just north but didn't add it in because only way to get it is with telegrab which is a waste of laws.

Then there's 2 helm icons one by Zombies is Iron helm and the one in the Lava Maze is a Full Helm.

Also in Lava Maze is a Earth Staff which blends in with the map a little.

I'm sure I've missed some items, didn't bother with Steel nail,Buckets, Tiles, Skulls and Planks, but if you can see any other usefull item missing let me know I'll add it it, same with Monsters if I missed any.
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 8:52 am

So I was thinking about the best possible necklace to get and it might be possible to get an ammy of power if the Imps drop balls of wool. Since Skeletons drop cosmic runes (confirmed by me), and there's a furnace north of the Graveyard of Shadows, we could get ourselves some nice amulet bonuses if we get gems as a rare drop or a mining secondary Smile

Just gonna stick to the brass necklace for now Very Happy

EDIT: the Wiki says on the page of Ball of Wool that it is dropped by Imps, but the page about Imps doesn't say this. Can anyone confirm that they drop Balls of Wool in RS3? I'm pretty sure they used to drop it in OSRS.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:44 am

I'm sure they do, had a few myself back in my imp-hunting days hehe

As for cosmic runes, I think they spawn in the wildy as well near the ice giants
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:51 am

I can't recall getting a ball of wool drop on feline yet, but will let you know when I do, theres sheep close to the border too bad can spin wool by hand =(.

Yes Cosmics spawn deep Wildy, if you refer to my map will see them top left most corner Very Happy

In terms of getting an ammy of power, 70 crafting is a long long long way away, will hopefully speed up after I get to 4 crafting >.<
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 2:49 pm

I thought you could mine gold/silver in the wildy, I have never been this wrong in my entire life Sad if you gotta get 70 crafting from collecting the gold ore from the spawn, it's gonna take forever
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:39 am

Alternative method would be kill Greaters for noted gold ore drops then when you have a decent stockpile, run back and forth from the general store in bandit to un-note ores then to the furnace, still not the easiest skill to train in Wildy
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:51 am

If there's a way to get thread consistently you could craft spider silk stuff, but I cannot name a reliable source for thread
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:08 am

Kawaiiron wrote:
If there's a way to get thread consistently you could craft spider silk stuff, but I cannot name a reliable source for thread

I think if not mistaken that in the whole of Runescape (f2p) the only place to get thread is through stores and Lumbridge catacombs, theres is soo much of the stuff down there...
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Damn if only they were located beyond the WW ;(
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 3:43 pm

So, I have a WC daily, 126 oak logs. Is that possible? Do you use the bank to store your daily challenge stuff before it's taken from you?
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Its up to you remember that first page is just a rough guide based on a self imposed set of rules.

Even though I do do dailies there are a lot of dailies you just can't do in wilderness, even a possible one like meat pizzas is tough with a 24hr re-spawn time of 10 pizza dough, then just pots of flour to make dough from black knights, have to consider if the time it takes is worth the extra xp bonus with the loss of resource, so I don't even bother.

In terms of banking to note the items, If you use the bank to note the logs but still have the noted items in your inventory I would be OK with that, will just have to think if the bank runs worth the time for the extra xp while also remembering that you loose the fm xp too.

Also with the dailies, I drop the material reward, so it just comes down to your choice.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Iron Matko wrote:
Its up to you remember that first page is just a rough guide based on a self imposed set of rules.

Even though I do do dailies there are a lot of dailies you just can't do in wilderness, even a possible one like meat pizzas is tough with a 24hr re-spawn time of 10 pizza dough, then just pots of flour to make dough from black knights, have to consider if the time it takes is worth the extra xp bonus with the loss of resource, so I don't even bother.

In terms of banking to note the items, If you use the bank to note the logs but still have the noted items in your inventory I would be OK with that, will just have to think if the bank runs worth the time for the extra xp while also remembering that you loose the fm xp too.

Also with the dailies, I drop the material reward, so it just comes down to your choice.

Ah, thanks Matko. I like to follow your own self-imposed restrictions. It's nice to have someone playing who you know is doing the same as you, though of course, no way I'm going to catch you up! lol

I shall use the bank to note stuff, then keep it in my inventory then. Good to know! Very Happy

Something else I wanted to ask...I remember you saying that you use the shop to sell your noted swordies to, then buy them back, but on this thread you say you use the bank to un-note stuff. Was the swordies thing just for convenience? I did it for one swordy and it was really expensive to buy back! Since I've still got a long way to go until I have enough buy a jar of light, that's a consideration for me.
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 5:40 am

Treemaid wrote:
something else I wanted to ask...I remember you saying that you use the shop to sell your noted swordies to, then buy them back, but on this thread you say you use the bank to un-note stuff. Was the swordies thing just for convenience? I did it for one swordy and it was really expensive to buy back! Since I've still got a long way to go until I have enough buy a jar of light, that's a consideration for me.

Hmm when I posted these guides hadn't thought about the store to un-note yet, all my focus was saving money for the jar of light. Once I got the jar and started to relax a bit more in my game play had I realized that the general store could do that and thought it would be a better alternative for a wilderness only account.

So how about I change it to before Jar of light use bank to un-note to make it easier and can focus on saving for the jar of light, then once you get that jar then use the general store to un-note items.

Also for time being I've switched to main to try get some more 99's hopefully I can get most of them done so you'll have plenty of time to catch up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wilderness Only HCIM
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next