f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wilderness Only HCIM

Go down 
+3
Kawaiiron
Mat Mase
Iron Matko
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

Wilderness Only HCIM Empty
PostSubject: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Hey Everyone, recently I've decided to try out a new HCIM with a few small extra challenges just for a change to spice things up, you might have seen me in the friend chat as "Wild Fe-Line".

So I thought I might share the rules I've been following and maybe if more people are interested might start seeing the wilderness begin to flood with HCIM and IM. You may try this mode with a Regular Ironman/woman too if the fear of dying without jar, It is still limited in training methods and can still be a challenge to just play as IM in wilderness. I've just made mine Hardcore for the fun of it. Very Happy

I will be playing my Ironman in legacy only mode, my own preference can do EOC.

Arrow Firstly, after creation of account I skipped tutorial and ran directly to Wilderness to perform all game play and xp gains north of Wilderness Line (will post my exceptions below)
Arrow Daemonheim area is prohibited, even though its north of border it is a safe area and dunging will result in easy xp gains and progress so am excluding this skill, I will not be using the Ring of Kingship for teleport purposes.
Arrow All xp to be gained in wilderness with the one exception if a daily is able to be completed entirely in the wilderness you may return to Burthorpe to hand in daily for the xp reward (you may choose to not allow this for extra challenge)
Arrow I have not allowed the start or completion of any quests or events.
Arrow No hoarding of items across wilderness that can be picked up or bought through stores throughout Runescape, with the exception of xp lamps that have been obtained free without the need to complete tasks or gain xp. Unless the xp has been gained in Wilderness for Sliskelion Pieces.
Arrow All xp lamps are to be used in the wilderness and only for those skills that cannot be trained from scratch, (Mining, Runecrafting and Dungeoneering) for Mining once I reach level 15 I will stop using lamps on it as I will now be able to mine iron.
Arrow I will not be using lamps for Crafting, it may appear impossible to train but I have figured out a way to train it very slowly. Will keep it secret for time being unless I get many requests for a tips section too.
Arrow If the xp lamp is obtained from stronghold of safety, the gp and glove rewards are to be dropped, all gp gains and items are to be gained in wilderness.
Arrow I may cross the wilderness to buy items from Mr Ex such as Jar of Light and Divine Coin, sell Revenant artifacts to Mandrith for gp or buy Bonds from GE.
Arrow I will not be using the bank with the exception of Jar of Light from Mr ex and useless items that I'm collecting, I'm going to be banking my burnt food and rev artifacts for friend's that collect those items.
Arrow I can kill monsters and collect items from across the wilderness wall as long as I remain inside the wilderness, so only kill with Magic and Ranged attacks and collect items with telekinetic grab.
Arrow I will not be training p2p stats, you may choose to do so not a big issue all comes down to preference.
Arrow I will be using bank to convert noted items however I will not be using bank to note items.
Arrow I can roam runescape and hang out with friends as long as i'm xp wasting and just hanging out which I love to do.
Arrow I'm not using pouch for gp as I always collect and will have spot taken up for it anyways, at later stage I may start using it to store my gp.

That's all I can think of for the time being, if you have any questions please ask. Again these are just made up rules I am following you can choose to alter any of these to either make it easier or harder for yourself. I'm only making this mode for my own personal challenge these are more like guidelines I choose to follow.

Pkers are a real risk as part of the account have already ran into 4 other players but have easily escaped, if you do make your own account respect all HCIM out there especially if they are starting off. In the future if it becomes a bigger thing might even have consented HCIM elite PK tournaments.

For the time being i'm running from all other players, If I survive long enough to make this a decent account and have good PK gear (Corrupt dragon spear ect) I will not run and fight my opponents for the challenge. Will then post all my PK battles on these forums as (Survived PK Battle no.1) in my gallery thread and see how many I can get too, still a long way away. Odds are having never pked in my life it will be (Killed in PK Battle no.1).

So for any body interested giving it a shot, feel free to make new account and add a little excitement, also feel free to add me on either "Wild Fe-Line" or "Iron Matko".

Hope to see more HCIM roaming the wilderness Very Happy

Don't forget to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 2:57 pm

HCIM Wilderness Trips (Tricks and Tips)

Getting started can be a little tough, here's some of the initial things I did when starting off to try get a good start to your account.

* Tip from Mat Mase, made his character dark to blend in with the wilderness and also made it female for a smaller click area.
* I first did a bit of woodcutting and firemaking by the wilderness boarder, safer when in low level wilderness.
* Then go to NE bandit camp to start fishing and cooking some food, always good to have food in your inventory.
* To start off combat can be tough without armor and weapons, buy a bronze hatchet from the store in bandit camp to help with those first few kills.
* remember where you logged out, try find hidden area or out of wilderness, I always went to the top level of dark warrior castle when I first started. After I became more confident and higher combat and more prepared started logging out anywhere.

Weapons

Won't mention all low lvl weapons will probably be upgrading pretty quickly.

Bronze: Hatchet sold from general store in bandit camp
Iron: Free Dagger from zombie courtyard west of boneyard.
Steel: Free Shortsword from ghosts south of boneyard.
Black: Black Mace from Dark Warriors, Black 2h was my weapon of choice for a while before upgrading to Mith, can get from black knight or the lvl 39 bandits.
Mithril: then upgraded to Mithril 2h from Ankous, alternative Mithril items are Mithril Sword from Moss giants and Mithril Mace from Ice Warriors.
Adamant: Adamant 2h from Greater Demons.
Rune: Mace also from Greater Demons.
Corrupt Dragon: Various corrupt items from Revenants.

Armor

Iron: Free Helm at Zombie courtyard, and Kite-shield at Chaos Dwarfs north of the Zombie courtyard.
Steel: Free Plate-legs north of Zombie courtyard among the Deadly Red Spiders (not aggressive).
Black: Full armor set can be obtained from Black Knights and Kite-shield from Ice Giants or Lessor Demons.
Mithril: Chainbody can be obtained from Ankous, Plate-legs apparently dropped by skeletons but have never received one.
Adamant: Plate-legs dropped from Greater Demons
Rune: Full Helm from Greater Demons, Gauntlets from Hellhounds.

Things Handy to try get ASAP

* Nature runes and 20 Magic, Handy for binds which can prove life saving.
* As soon as you can kill the Lvl 39 Bandits go for noted swordfish drop, come in 5's can sell to store and re-buy for some great emergency food, I always had 5 swordfish I would not eat in my inventory.
* Staff of Air, Fire runes and Law runes with 25 Magic for quick teleport.
* 100k gp for jar of light, one of the fastest method I found was to kill black knights fr their armor drops to sell to the general store with some items selling over 1k if you grind them should be able to get 100k at a decent rate.

Skills

Fishing: Just 2 spots in wilderness to fish NE Bandit Camp for Shrimp, Anchovies, Herring and Sardines. then deep wildy south of the Demonic Ruins along the Eastern coast line is Lobster, Tuna and Swordfish.

Crafting: Only way to train is wetting clay from imp drops that get too close to wilderness line, there's 3 Imps that get close enough to kill North of Varrock near the Oak trees I usually train Wc and Fm while I wait for them to get close, then kill them from across the boarder and telegrab the drops. There no water source on the mini map but found a bucket of water in the ruins West of Bandit camp that works.

Smithing: to start off with only way to train is to kill skeletons for Bronze bar drops.

Woodcutting: only regular and Oak trees available, handy to mention one tree deeper then the rest just North of Dark Wizards so can cremate bones while killing wizards.

Will continue updating as I think of more handy tips or get informed of them from other players.

Not the clearest of Maps to follow, but hopefully it can assist you with monsters an items found throughout the wilderness.

Wilderness Only HCIM Map10

Last edited by Iron Matko on Tue May 10, 2016 7:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:12 am

Thanks for posting this Matko Very Happy
I think I'll give it a try sometime later, it looks super fun! See you in chat Smile
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Yesss I have been waiting for this! I reserved my account, when I get the time I'm gonna try this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:43 am

Inb4 Jagex creates a wilderness only HCIM mode, lol!
Seriously though Matko, I think that is an awesome challenge you've set yourself, and all the best with it!
Back to top Go down
odob
odob

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyMon May 02, 2016 5:11 am

ok so two questions

Quote :
Arrow No hoarding of items across wilderness that can be picked up or bought through stores throughout Runescape, with the exception of xp lamps that have been obtained free without the need to complete tasks or gain xp. Unless the xp has been gained in Wilderness for Sliskelion Pieces.
i'm not sure i understand this part, no hoarding buckets and stuff?

and also... how on earth do you kill things at the start! i cant find a weapon other than iron and steel, and punching these lvl 1 rats takes ages haha
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyMon May 02, 2016 10:35 am

odob wrote:
ok so two questions

Quote :
i'm not sure i understand this part, no hoarding buckets and stuff?

and also... how on earth do you kill things at the start! i cant find a weapon other than iron and steel, and punching these lvl 1 rats takes ages haha

So with hoarding items I basically just can't bring anything across the wilderness line that I would have collected throughout RS south of wildy boarder, so I can't got to Port Sarim for example and buy runes in the store and then bring them across to wilderness to use, and yea if you can't get an item like feathers in wilderness can't cross the wilderness line to get some. Also includes the free items you may find on the ground south of wilderness boarder unless they're in telegrab reach then can just use the spell to get them although the only item in reach would be skulls oh and monster drops that have been killed with magic or ranged attacks.

To start off with buy a bronze hatchet from general store in bandit camp works so much better then your fists, just make sure you get some food first the bandits are aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:44 am

So, I've jumped on the Wild Fe-line bandwagon and created a HCIM 'WiId Tree'. She's sitting on the safe side of the wall trembling currently. I've no idea what to do first or where to get food or anything! lol

Maybe  you could get a list of Irons from the FC who have taken your wildy challenge up on this thread Matko? Very Happy I know Mirai and Pom have recently created accounts too, then there's Emp, Wild Kickn (i think), um, I think aly's got a wild account too, lilmisswild or something like that I think (edit, just seen a 'wild lettuce' saying she's lilmissaly, I guess that's her wildy only account then). I'm sure there are others too.

Edit

edit: and wild odob, and um, dwayne, i think he's 'bone2bwilde' or similar, and wild redline, probs loads others, and mase of course (see below! lol)

Last edited by Treemaid on Tue May 03, 2016 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:47 am

Just made one too! Called WiIdernesss

Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:25 am

Shall we all get the same team cape? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:41 am

Logged in today and saw this >.<

7/10 are wilderness accounts, Id say its catching on lol

Wilderness Only HCIM Untitl11

me and emperor have gotten same team cape 47 from bandit camp, but we can vote on a cape, will edit second post soon enough with some guide and tips.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 11:25 am

^Ha ha! Excellent!

Regarding a team cape, might it be an idea to choose one of those on offer by Richard, near the edgeville wall? Then it wouldn't be so scary for new accounts like mine to get a cape from the start. He stocks team capes 6, 16, 26, 36, and 46.

Something Mase did by the way, (which I thought was an excellent idea and I wish I'd done it!) was to choose clothes and skin default colours that matched the dark tones in the wilderness. He's really hard to spot when he's not moving! Maybe a cape that's darker might blend in better and let us get noticed less?

Oh and Matko, do you think it would be breaking the purity of my wildy only hcim if I went to change my default clothing in Varrock? Mase's camouflage has impressed me no end! Too late to darken my skin colour I think though, oh well. I'll just have to cover up well! lol
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Nah that's fine Tree, changing your appearance won't change anything.

That's smart thinking on mases behalf, once you get into the account you'll end up covering up with equipment, I started off with full black quite early before upgrading to a mith,rune and Addy combo. I personally will see players through mini map before I actually see them and run oposite direction as soon as I see that white dot hit the mini map hehe.

Happy to change cape too.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm

You can change your skin tone at the Falador make-over mage Smile

It also seems that most of us have gotten team-47 capes from the bandit camp guy Razz happy to change it to a more accessible one though!
I also made my avatar female to reduce the click-area hehehe
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:35 pm

There seems to be a glitch in the MAtrIx!
(There are three of me in chat! fixed itself after a few minutes, some people were able to see it, though others weren't)

Wilderness Only HCIM Wilder10
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Mat Mase wrote:
You can change your skin tone at the Falador make-over mage Smile
Ah! Thanks!

Mat Mase wrote:
It also seems that most of us have gotten team-47 capes from the bandit camp guy Razz happy to change it to a more accessible one though!
That place scares me! Wild lettuce took me there today to sell stuff, and protect me. I won't be going on my own for a while though! lol

Mat Mase wrote:
I also made my avatar female to reduce the click-area hehehe
That made me laugh!

That three of you thing was weird Mase btw! especially as they all had different ranks! lol (Edit: ah you know what, I think I remember ranking you up on the f2pironmanfc account, then logging out before it showed in FC. I bet that's why this glitch happened. I had to add you first before I could rank you, which would explain the non-rank, the smiley face, then the silver star...that was the order it happened in.)

So yeh anyway, last night was my first time in game on Wild Tree. Here's a pic of four of us doing the wildy thing together, though there were a few more wildy accounts in the FC at that time too.

That dark shady character in the top corner is Mat Mase on his wild account by the way...shifty or what? lol

Wilderness Only HCIM Wildy%20accs%201_zpsthniv0zr
Back to top Go down
odob
odob

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyWed May 04, 2016 1:52 pm

rip wild odob Sad

just a warning, always keep food with you (even if you are in the middle of fishing a new inv...) and when you see a high lvl, run away as he might come back on a lower lvl! Razz

will probably make a new account in a few days.. but yeh be careful!
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyWed May 04, 2016 2:53 pm

odob wrote:
rip wild odob Sad

just a warning, always keep food with you (even if you are in the middle of fishing a new inv...) and when you see a high lvl, run away as he might come back on a lower lvl! Razz

will probably make a new account in a few days.. but yeh be careful!

Wilderness Only HCIM 36_2_58triesteemoticon

We will remember!
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:08 pm

RIP :c
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu May 05, 2016 3:56 am

Rip, gl with your next one, what I did as soon as you can kill the higher lvl bandits the lvl 39 ones I think they were. They drop 5 noted swordfish you can sell and rebuy to the store for some top emergency food, which is what I did.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu May 05, 2016 8:41 am

Iron Matko wrote:
Rip, gl with your next one, what I did as soon as you can kill the higher lvl bandits the lvl 39 ones I think they were. They drop 5 noted swordfish you can sell and rebuy to the store for some top emergency food, which is what I did.
Useful tip, thanks. I'll bear that in mind when I'm a big strong warrior!
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:30 am

Team 29 cape would be funny regarding the main fc world c:
I don't have time to play in the following 2 months unfortunately but I'll be logging in from time to time to check on you guys
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu May 05, 2016 12:34 pm

Little heads up: the steel sword at the ghosts is actually a shortsword, but it doesn't make a big difference Smile
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu May 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks will edit that, was just quickly writing that from memory had to quickly leave so still got a lot to edit will continue to work on the tips now feel free to add anything you have learnt and I have missed so I can add it up.
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM EmptyThu May 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Wow the Trips list really got longer! I thought you meant Trips as in "Tips and Tricks" but then you merged them together Razz I thought it was pretty clever, even if not intended lol

Rlly enjoying this so far, I got an iron scimitar from one of the bandits and I felt so good lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilderness Only HCIM   Wilderness Only HCIM Empty

Back to top Go down

Wilderness Only HCIM
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next