f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Goblin Raid Safespot Guide

Go down 
+2
Treemaid
Apazos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:13 am

Behold; all known safespots for Magers and Rangers at the Goblin Raids! I will categorise the spots in three groups:

1. Spots which provide a barrier between you and a goblins;
  2. Spots which make the goblins back away and get stuck, while still in your attack range;
  3. Theoretical ways to safespot, but tedious to maintain.

The theoretical ways mentioned in group 3 are:

• Attack a Goblin and have someone stand in between. However, if this assistant attacks the Goblin, it will turn its anger to him after a couple of seconds;
  • For Farm Raids: Lure the Goblin around a Farmer. This will work for about 10 seconds, after which the farmer will pathfind away from you and your enemy;
  • For Tree Raids: Chop a tree and safespot behind its stump. The amount of time this works solely depends on the type of tree you cut, since they have different respawn times;
  • Attack a Goblin from a distance and keep your distance. When you run out of the Raid area, the Goblin will back away and you'll have to run back to keep hitting it. Eventually, you will have to enter the Raid area again because of the distance the Goblin has covered, and it will target you once more. This process can be repeaten until the enemy is dead and works in most open area Raids.

Things to keep in mind during raids:

• Minions regain their max health after being a couple of seconds out of combat, so it is important to keep attacking if you safespot them;
  • Hollowtoof never regains health;
  • A Raid only lasts for a certain period of time, after which the Goblins will teleport away even if you're in the middle of attacking them. The longer a Raid has lasted, the more resources a Minion will drop.

Please post a screenshot of a safespot if you have found one that has not been listed here.
The bones represent where Hollowtoof is supposed to stand.

Lumbridge Farm - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Lumfar10

North Draynor - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Ndray10

Cabbage Farm - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Cabbag10

Crafting Guild - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Craft10

Rimmington Mine - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Rimmin10

Champions Guild - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Champs10

Taverly Wheat - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Tavwhe10

Taverly Mine - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Tavmin10

West Varrock - 1
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Westva10

Lumbridge Swamp - 2
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Lumswa10

South Varrock - 2 - Hollowtoof starts walking towards the Yew every now and then, but he should return to his stuck position if you keep attacking him.
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Southv10

Draynor Wheat - 3

Last edited by Kawaiiron on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:32 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Very useful. Thanks for this. Smile Though I probably won't be able to utilize it as much for now since I'm still a bit too weak on my iron to even dare challenge the raids alone hehe. I've no doubt it will be useful to some lesser experienced players coming here though.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Ah! This is excellent Kaw! Thank you very much! Smile
Back to top Go down
Radisgascht
Community Activist
Community Activist
Radisgascht

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks for this guide Kawaiiron, may Hollowtoof RIP.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Thanks Kaw! I've also been collecting footage for a goblin safespot guide too! I'll update you if I get it done Smile
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 8:43 am

Awesome guide Kawaii with the Draynor north raid I use the spot 1 space west of the rock north of the cauldron. Hollow will get stuck north of the rock or west of the rock either way he can't get you.

With South Varrock raid Ik there is no pic yet (so apologize if its the same spot) I use a spot which would come under Group 1 I believe, if you stand south of the southern most tree right next to the rat pen, hollow will come for you and get stuck west of the tree unable to come around the corner. Plus get bonus xp from chain ability killing random rats.

If you want to add those in feel free doesn't matter it all still works, great job with guide none the less.
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 4:50 pm

@Tree, Apa, Rad: I hope it will aid you in your quest for Gud Very Happy

@Mat, Matko: If you have any pictures, feel free to post them so I can put them in the first post. Multiple safespots are welcome! Also, the N Dray one I used up until now was kind of broken in the way that Toofy would walk behind the rock after some time and you would run up to him. So I might add the cauldron one as the superior one after I get the pic Smile

About S Var, I had another safespot of group 2, so I'm very glad you shared yours!

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 8:54 am

here's my North Draynor safe spot
Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Untitl11
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Did a random raid and remembered this post half way and took a screenie of the South Varrock raid safe spot.

Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Raid_s10
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:31 am

I updated the raid guide with new pictures for all spots. I wonder if the South Varrock spot still is available, since they added the cabbagemancer house? I'll check it out if they spawn there agan.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks for doing this, very useful Smile
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks for updating Kaw! Smile
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 pm

(Moved to guides and tips at Kaw's request)
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks c:
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Updated with West and South Varrock pictures! West Varrock surprisingly classified as a 1 category, just found a new safespot here today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 2:48 am

Ooh thanks for the south Varrock ss!

Nice that you found the west varr ss as well Razz
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 8:49 am

Kawaiiron wrote:
Updated with West and South Varrock pictures! West Varrock surprisingly classified as a 1 category, just found a new safespot here today Very Happy
Cool, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goblin Raid Safespot Guide   Goblin Raid Safespot Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Goblin Raid Safespot Guide
Page 1 of 1