f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calculating monsters chance of hitting you.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KairaParker
KairaParker

Calculating monsters chance of hitting you. Empty
PostSubject: Calculating monsters chance of hitting you.   Calculating monsters chance of hitting you. EmptyTue May 23, 2017 1:11 am

I might have read the information wrong, and I could be wrong, if I am wrong please don't mock me! tongue

You have no idea how hard it is to read 2-3 pages of calculus and calculus explanations, and then to simplify it. This here comes from hours of reading, and doing my own calculations, and being like "wait whaaa?" and rereading. I had to keep pulling at my hair and slapping myself on the head for this, so I hope this post is worthwhile! And I also hope it's not wrong haha!

Warning the calculations are easy, if you're willing to work through each step. But it might seem hard, cos your mind might be like "can't be bothered, too hard" merely because of the lengthiness of it, not because it's actually difficult.

The formatting is a little weird, but it's fine I guess Razz

Step 1a

You need to calculate your natural armour base. This is your natural armour base without wearing any armour whatsoever!

Step 1b

Calculating your natural armour base if you have 99 defence. Remember to imput your own defence level into the formula. In this formula I've used 99.

0.0008 x 99^3 + (4 x 99) + 40 = 1212 as you need to round down.

Step 1c

Calculating your wearing armour base: All you need is the level required to wear the armour. So lets say you need level 99 to wear the armour you input 99 into the exact same formula in step 1b. Now if you're wearing rune, you input 50 instead. But I'm too lazy, so I chose 99, cos I already know that inputting 99 gives me 1212 Razz

Step 2a

Calculating for each individual piece of armour: Base in this formula means your base from step 1c, NOT your base from step 1b! So in other words your armour armour base, not your natural base.

A full helm = 0.5 x base = 0.5 x 1212 = 606

A shield is also 0.5 = 606 - shortened it, cos it's obvious

Platebody = .575 x 1212 (remember 1212 is the base) = 697

Leg/Skirt = .55 x 1212 = 666.6) but round up to 667

boots = .125 x 1212  = 151.5 or 151

gloves = 151 cos it's the same as boots with a .125 multiplier

Now add it all up: 606+606+697+667+151+151 = 2878

Now remember the number you got in step 1b? It was 1212.

2878 + 1212 = 4090

4090 is your total armour base with 99 defence, and wearing full armour with shield that requires 99 defence to wear.

Step 2 b

Finally the part you actually care about! You need to know the accuracy of the monster you are fighting, if you go to the deadly red spiders wiki page, which is the monster I will be using for this calculation example, you will see in their stats that their accuracy is 1409.

Step 2c

So the chances of the monster hitting you is: Multiplier x (the monsters accuracy/ by your total armour base)

So the multiplier is always 45, 55, and 65. To know your multiplier you only need to know the combat triangle.

DRS use range attacks.

If you are wearing mage armour which is weak to range attacks, you will have a 65 multiplier

If you are wearing melee armour which is strong to range attacks you will have a 45 multiplier

If you are wearing range armour which is neutral to range attacks you will have a 55 multiplier

Since DRS are weak to melee, I am going to assume that the person in this calculation is wearing melee armour. So we will use 45 as our multiplier

45 x (1409/4090) = 15% chance of DRS hitting you.

Or if that's confusing its 45 x (the accuracy of the drs given to you on the wiki page/the final number you got in step 2a)

Phew!
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Calculating monsters chance of hitting you.   Calculating monsters chance of hitting you. EmptyTue May 23, 2017 7:45 am

Wow, impressive Kaira!
I've got to admit though, I'm more the 'shut your eyes tightly and swing wide with your fingers crossed' sort of combat fighter myself. lol
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Calculating monsters chance of hitting you.   Calculating monsters chance of hitting you. EmptyTue May 23, 2017 8:22 am

Impressive indeed! I can't believe you did so much research for this, quite interesting to see Smile
Back to top Go down
KairaParker
KairaParker

PostSubject: Re: Calculating monsters chance of hitting you.   Calculating monsters chance of hitting you. EmptyTue May 23, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks be prepared for my next post maybe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calculating monsters chance of hitting you.   Calculating monsters chance of hitting you. Empty

Back to top Go down

Calculating monsters chance of hitting you.
Page 1 of 1