f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frostin
Frostin

Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) Empty
PostSubject: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:10 pm

The subreddit began as a small project, listing a few guides to help starting ironman players out, on how to train their skills. However over time this small project started growing to the stage where I had to make a decision. Either stick with the very basic guides, or expand them.

I decided to expand it to a wiki size, meaning once this enormous project is completed, one can find all the info regarding F2P ironman mode. Of course expanding this project means it will take much longer to complete, as less than a handfull of people are occasionally adding information to it. Currently the basic guides are available for public view, the bigger works for the wiki are happening behind the scenes, which only a few people have access to.

Perhaps when the wiki gets to a certain, presentable stage, it might be opened for public access.

To give a clear idea how big of a project this is, you will be able to find the following:

• In-depth xp list for all skills and every single item.
  • A complete list of items that are or were obtainable by F2Pim, since October 2014.    
    With a seperate page of more info for each individual item, listing how it could/could've been obtained, when it was released, which monster has the highest drop chance for that specific item, high alch value, shop value, in which quests/skills/activities it is used, etc...
  • All monsters which are located in the F2P area, with a full drop list and drop rate for each item.
  • XP rates for all three combat styles.
  • Bossing tactics/tips etc.
  • Full quest guides
  • Daily challenge tips
  • Full list of who and when F2Pim got a 99/120/200M
  • F2Pim completionist list - for who wishes to "complete" F2P
  • Achievement tasks

And do the same thing again, but make it Skiller friendly.

To avoid doing double the work, I'll direct link guides on here to the subreddit, for the people that are not familiar on how Reddit works.

Keep in mind that these are still the basic guides and not the full in-depth ones.

Skills

Other

The other guides I will add another time, I need to update them first, as they are quite outdated.

Last edited by Frostin on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 6:55 am

WOW! It's so detailed, I love it! I've subscribed on my new Reddit account Very Happy
How long did writing all that take you?

-deleted-:

Love your gear guide btw, it's really good! Good luck with the guides!

Last edited by Mat Mase on Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:12 am

Frostin that is totally awesome! Really comprehensive! I can see this becoming the standard manual for all F2P Irons to refer to.

Might be just an idea to mention that it's specifically aimed at RS3 F2p ironman modes though; I know OSRS has a strong Ironman community, and of course they have 'Ultimate Ironman' in addition to regular and HCIM.
Back to top Go down
Frostin
Frostin

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Thanks Mase, it took me roughly 14 weeks to put the whole thing together, with the coding included. The coding bit is what took so long as this was completely new for me.

Quote :
Drop-down menus' at the top cover part of your clan's banner, The 'note' on the first page also overlaps the side-menu
This is displaying fine on my screen...so idk :p

Thanks for that list of typo's/improvements I'll add these in when I have the time.

Quote :
I can see this becoming the standard manual for all F2P Irons to refer to.
That's what I was aiming for Tree Smile

As for the rs3 bit, I'm going to add a Rules section pretty soon where will be noted that OSRS posts are not allowed. Ty for the heads up though.

Keep the feedback coming it's highly appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chem Teacher
Chem Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 2:50 am

Thanks Frostin! Subscribed to the subreddit Smile

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Basketball
Someone has to look out for the people who have no one on their side. -Phoenix Wright
Back to top Go down
Frostin
Frostin

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 1:20 pm

As some of you might remember, I created a subreddit roughly 6 months ago called r/F2PIronman. The initial goal of this subreddit was to have all information regarding F2PIM listed on it. Still plan to do this, but, it requires a lot more work than I first anticipated and thus I'd like to know if there are some people interested in helping complete it.

What I've done so far is moved the post guides into a WIKI section for easier navigation, a design overhaul, matching RuneScape's theme, added quest guides, made some things more in-depth etc.

What still has to be done is completing the monster and item database.

The plan is to have all the monsters that can be found in F2P listed on there, which I already did, but their missing additional information, such as;

- Accurate XP/hr rates
- Best items dropped
- GP/hr
- Their location
- Which monster is best to train at at a certain level

and more.

The Item Database, which I'm still adding items to, still lacks;

- obtained through...
- level requirements

and more. You get the idea. :p

As you can tell this is just too much work for one person and will obviously take way to long to complete.

Anyone that is interested in helping me fill these databases in, or know someone who is, let me know here or give me a pm in-game. I will have to add you to the Mod team on Reddit in order for you to see the WIKI, as it's currently hidden from public view.

Thanks in advance.

www.reddit.com/r/F2Pironman
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Great work on it so far! Feel free to take any of the info that I have already posted in the FC forums and use it there, if it is relevant Smile

You're doing a great job.
I will let you know of any new information that may concern you here :p
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 9:01 pm

Frostin wrote:

...What still has to be done is completing the monster and item database.

The plan is to have all the monsters that can be found in F2P listed on there, which I already did, but their missing additional information, such as;

- Accurate XP/hr rates
- Best items dropped
- GP/hr
- Their location
- Which monster is best to train at at a certain level

and more.

The Item Database, which I'm still adding items to, still lacks;

- obtained through...
- level requirements

and more. You get the idea. :p

As you can tell this is just too much work for one person and will obviously take way to long to complete.

Anyone that is interested in helping me fill these databases in, or know someone who is, let me know here or give me a pm in-game. I will have to add you to the Mod team on Reddit in order for you to see the WIKI, as it's currently hidden from public view.

Thanks in advance.

www.reddit.com/r/F2Pironman

All the best on that Frostin. The RS research side of things isn't something that I feel particularly drawn to myself, not enough to allocate some of my limited free time to it at least, so I'll pass on that. I do hope you get the assistance you need from others though; it's a worthwhile project.
Back to top Go down
Frostin
Frostin

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Just leaving a link here as an update and again, if you know someone who is interested lemme know Smile

https://www.reddit.com/r/F2Pironman/comments/5iujmd/a_little_update/
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Frostin wrote:
Just leaving a link here as an update and again, if you know someone who is interested lemme know Smile
Will do. Do feel free to pop into FC now and then to ask yourself too. You'll find you have a smiley there currently by the way, being a winner in the Free Player's 'where is it?' competition.
Back to top Go down
Frostin
Frostin

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Updated the first post, gave it a cleaner overview, and easier to navigate for those that aren't familiar with Reddit.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Frostin wrote:
Updated the first post, gave it a cleaner overview, and easier to navigate for those that aren't familiar with Reddit.
Thank you Frostin; you're a star! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frostin
Frostin

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 10:42 am

Updated the best in-slot item list.

A direct link to the list has also been added in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 am

Frostin wrote:
Updated the best in-slot item list.

A direct link to the list has also been added in the first post.
Lovely! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)   Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress) Empty

Back to top Go down

Full F2P Ironman guide, covering everything beginning to end. (a work in progress)
Page 1 of 1