f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Apazos
Apazos

Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat Empty
PostSubject: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Hello & welcome to the Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight thread!

Firstly, I'd like to start off by saying that the purpose of this thread is to effectively promote RS3 F2P in-game events & facilitate an easy way to find them, instead of requiring some searching through twists & turns on the RSOF (which I know some of you don't frequent). This means that there may be events added which will not be applicable for iron accounts. The reason those types of events will not be excluded here is because I know that we have several people in the chat who enjoy playing on their non-iron accounts too. Don't worry though, I'll make sure differentiate the events that are iron-exclusive in some way. I will also not be including events that are hosted by clans, unless if yours, or a clan you know about, was hosting/planning one & you were to post on this thread with the appropriate information regarding the event, which I strongly encourage!

As hinted above, you may also post any events that you want to plan on this thread, and I will add them in accordingly. Smile
Please use the format of:
(Event name)
Date:
Time:
World:
Where:
Description or Extra Details:

Note: Some of these events may be subject to change at any time, and if that happens I'll try to keep updated as soon as I can with any appropriate changes.

In addition, I've noticed (after planning events for some months) that sometimes getting the appropriate dates for minigame spotlights can be a little bit tricky. In light of that, I thought that it'd be beneficial to post a 'guide', of sorts, for several upcoming F2P minigame spotlights & whether they will/won't be applicable for iron accounts (see second post). It may also come in handy for anybody here wanting to plan minigame events to earn a little bit of extra thaler. Smile

Last edited by Apazos on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 4:30 pm

-~•*Future F2P Minigame Spotlights*•~-

Key:
red - not applicable for irons
green - applicable for irons
GOP - Great Orb Project
FOG - Fist of Guthix
CFB - Cabbage Facepunch bonanza

All dates thus far represent 2016:

April 12th - FOG

April 24th - GOP

May 6th - CFB

May 21st - FOG

June 5th - GOP

June 14th - CFB

July 2nd - FOG

July 14th - GOP

July 26th - CFB

August 10th - FOG

August 28th - GOP

September 6th - CFB

September 24th - FOG

October 6th - GOP

October 18th - CFB

November 2nd - FOG

November 17th -GOP

November 26th -CFB

This post is subject to change when needed. Also, please point out any errors should you spot them! It only improves the quality in the long run. Smile

Last edited by Apazos on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 4:30 pm

-~•*Regular & Ongoing Events*•~-

Townsquare Q&A - While it may seem a bit gauche to include these here, I am very passionate about them, & I think that some of you would genuinely enjoy it if you were to go; they're a very nice distraction from skilling! Smile Many of you wonder what these events actually represent, so I thought I'd give you a quote from the official thread detailing what they are: "Question and Answer Sessions lead by PMods and knowledgeable players have been happening all over the town squares of RuneScape for some time now. Maybe you've tripped over one by chance and wondered why all the players were hanging out. Come chat with us at a Town Square Q & A Meeting... answer your game questions, perform some emotes and hang out with you for an or so in a fun and lively session.". Listed below are the current weekly RS3 sessions.

Thursdays:
World 3
Burthorpe Bank
19:00 PM Game time

Fridays/Saturdays:
World 3
Varrock West Bank
1:00 AM Game time

Saturdays/Sundays:
World 3
Varrock West Bank
1:00 AM Game time

Weekly J-Mod Events: Mod Shauny has been kind enough to host weekly F2P events every Monday, and so far he's never failed to deliver. Sometimes he even goes the extra mile to host two events in one week (as if he wasn't already busy enough). He knows how important it is to make free players feel included & he's been doing a really great job keep up with it all. Below are the current weekly events that he does for F2P. (NOTE: This is subject to change at any time)

Skill & Chill with Mod Shauny
Mondays
World 3
Burthorpe Bank
14:00 PM Game time
Next: 2nd May
(No skilling node available for irons; however, you can still cook & hang out at a bank whilst chatting)

Please feel free to add any weekly events of your own to this list. Smile

Last edited by Apazos on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:40 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

-~•*One-Off Events*•~-

As mentioned in the first post, if you'd like to organize an event, feel free to post on this thread with the requested specified layout. Smile These kind of events include but are not limited to: boss masses, hide & seeks, gatherings, conga lines, scavenger hunts, skilling competitions, one-off minigame events, and everything in-between. Really, they can be quite anything that you imagine, so should you want to plan something like this, the sky's the limit. Below are the current one-off events for F2P.

Eurovision Week Competition
Date:11-15 May 2016
Time: 16:30 Game time daily
World: 17
Where: Varrock Square
Please read the thread on the RSOF at QFC: 42-43-788-65778459 for further details

Last edited by Apazos on Sun May 01, 2016 1:31 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Reserved.
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 6:15 pm

You may post now. Smile

I'd like to get your initial takes on this thread- what may need improvements, what might need to be added or removed, etc. Do you think it would be worth while to include other miscellaneous events, such as drawn out competitions? (E.G. that games room tournament we had in the past)

Input would be appreciated, thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 pm

This is awfully detailed omg Very Happy I wonder where you find the time to compile these Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 4:32 pm

I think this is an awesome thread Apa, thank you so very much for compiling and posting it!
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 5:41 am

Glad you both like it. Smile Would it be too much to ask to request that people post any events that they'd like to make for the FC in this thread? Or do you think that eventually they'd be get a bit lost in the rest of the events in time? I was just wondering for the sake of preventing clutter
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 8:19 am

Apazos wrote:
Glad you both like it. Smile Would it be too much to ask to request that people post any events that they'd like to make for the FC in this thread? Or do you think that eventually they'd be get a bit lost in the rest of the events in time? I was just wondering for the sake of preventing clutter
I think that would be an excellent suggestion Apa. I imagine you'll be updating the 'one offs' events post anyway to remove old ones and update with the new ones? That should keep them easy to find. If anyone asks me about organising an event how is on these forums, I'll suggest they post it on this thread from now on.
Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Treemaid wrote:
I think that would be an excellent suggestion Apa. I imagine you'll be updating the 'one offs' events post anyway to remove old ones and update with the new ones? That should keep them easy to find. If anyone asks me about organising an event how is on these forums, I'll suggest they post it on this thread from now on.
Thanks again!
Yeah that's exactly what I was planning on doing; that way there's as little clutter as can be.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:18 am

Love this calendar! Very Happy
I think it would be a good idea to link any new events to the on-site calendar so that it is easily accessible
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:47 pm

^ Can you explain what you mean a little further Mat? I think I might be misunderstanding haha.

Also, events are up to date finally- sorry that took so long!
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Oh sorry,
If you look at the menu at the top of the page, there's a tab called 'calendar' which takes you to an actual graphical calendar which we can add events to.

Just though it would also be  good idea to link future events there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Ohh great thinking! When I have more free time I'll see if that will be possible ^_^
Back to top Go down
Apazos
Apazos

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 10:41 am

Events are up to date. Smile I shall be adding more soon!
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Apazos wrote:
Events are up to date. Smile I shall be adding more soon!
Thanks Apa!
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi all.

For easy access, this is the official Runescape Events Calendar:

Current Game time:

Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Mat Mase wrote:
Hi all.

For easy access, this is the official Runescape Events Calendar:

Current Game time:
<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/clock/i58zgv68/n1440/fn6/fs20/fcfff/tc000/ftb/bas2/bat1/bacfff/pa8/th1" frameborder="0" width="99" height="44"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://teamup.com/ks5ca86e765cac5e75/?view=l" width="80%" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Useful link, thanks Mase. Looks like the HTML thing hasn't worked out for the rest though. :/
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Hmm interesting, seems to be working fine for me

Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat Html_c10
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 8:24 pm

^ I'm obviously jinxed Razz
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 7:12 am

Hey all!

I'll be hosting some events over the next few weeks, check here:
https://f2pironmanfc.forumotion.co.uk/t170-fc-summer-events#1509

Thanks! sunny
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Hey guys,
Naruto 1001 from Free players popped into fc today and invited us all to their Great Orb Project events starting tomorrow at 19:00 game time for 3 days during the spotlight, its not in my timezone i'll be fast asleep so if some of you can also mention it throughout fc we can have some of our Ironman attending this event =)

more details of events below

https://www.reddit.com/r/freeplayers/comments/4r1rav/event_calendar_july_2016/
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks, Matko. Added all 3 events to the Summer event's calendar as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 10:06 pm

Iron Matko wrote:
Hey guys,
Naruto 1001 from Free players popped into fc today and invited us all to their Great Orb Project events starting tomorrow at 19:00 game time for 3 days during the spotlight, its not in my timezone i'll be fast asleep so if some of you can also mention it throughout fc we can have some of our Ironman attending this event =)

more details of events below

https://www.reddit.com/r/freeplayers/comments/4r1rav/event_calendar_july_2016/

Thanks Matko! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat   Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat Empty

Back to top Go down

Events Calendar & Minigame Spotlight - Guide, Chat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next