f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) Empty
PostSubject: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 7:55 pm

A clanmate of mine, Svampebob71 kindly shared the routes he takes for hunting for evil trees and stars, shown on the map below. He has also typed out an explanation in his own words, which I'll copy and paste below the image. All shared with his permission of course!

Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) N2X1dIZ

"I have made my route into 3 pieces:

Mishalin: Lumbridge, Al Kharid and Varrock.

Asgarnia: Falador and Port Sarim

Wilderness: Wilderness.

Whichever of the routes you start with is up to you.

Let's start this explanation in Lumbridge. We'll start by the lodestone and run south to the Lumbridge swamp mine, from there to all of Al Kharid, check between bank and lodestone, then on to the north of the duel arena and then onto the Al Kharid mine. From here run north to Varrock east mine then onto the East bank, from here get to the champions guild either by Varrock lodestone teleport or running. Once done teleport to either of the other locations, in this case to Port Sarim.
In Port Sarim you have two choises, either run to all the locations on land, or take the ship to Karamja to check for the Crandor star by talking to the dark blue clothed people seen from the Port Sarim lodestone.
When you then do the things on land, just run to Rimmington mine, the Crafting guild and the little mine north from there. Then run to the Artisans workshop inside of the Falador walls.

If you do Crandor after the on land part you could check this as the last spot if you want to avoid the wilderness and hop here and check this as your first location on another world, to then start over in either Mishalin or Asgarnia.

Now there's only the Wilderness left. Here I choose to start in Edgeville, running to the two first locations. The one near the top of the river and the one right north of black knights castle. From there I teleport to the wilderness and run to the one location north east from there to check.
From here you got two choises, either run around the volcanoe and to the one coming up next, or teleport back to Edgeville and take the lever, teleporting you to the top of the map in Deserted Keep, where the line starts. And again this is whatever you're most comfortable with.
Now just make your way between either of these and get past the gate to the west for the two left from whichever side you choose to come from. You can then run to a low enough wilderness lvl to teleport out or run back to the lever that gets you back to the first lever you pulled to get up to the top of the map.

Evil Trees:

I usually start in Draynor because those are close to one another.
Then teleport to Edgeville lodestone and run from there to check on the one by the evergreens and from there just run east, north of G.E and onto the rift on the east side of Varrock, then from there onto the last one in Falador where you just use the lodestone and get over the little open spot in the wall to the west.

Combo of both:

Then onto the combo of both, where you mainly follow the star route. The first change will be when you get to Varrock east bank. you can see the spot for the star here if you're close enough to the wall with the gate on it, if it's not there, just run and check for the tree on the rift and the one north of G.E. From here teleport to Varrock for the last one near the Champions guild. Then teleport to either Draynor for more trees, or to Port Sarim as earlier. Again, whichever you prefer to look for. Then teleport to the other one afterwards. When you get to the mine north of the Crafting guild just keep running a bit north to check for the tree there, then either run back to the mine and follow the star route, or jump over the wall and run through Falador. When done here teleport to Edgeville lodestone and check for the last tree before heading into wildy and onto the route you prefer there. If that's starting from bottom of the wilderness and running all the way or take the lever straight away and work your way down.
" (Copied from Svampebob71, with his permission)
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 am

Brilliant map, thank you Tree and Svampebob71 for sharing this! Smile

Typically I use the vex tele for the 4 Asgarnian spots then tele varrock and rotate down into the northern desert & tele Al Kharid for the lower two. Super handy to have another route for me to try out next time we go star hunting!

Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Nice guide! I would like to add my own experiences to this list.
Some things to keep in mind in this post:

• Client: NXT
  • Draw Distance: Medium
  • You can use the magic ability Surge to leap 10 tiles instantly, reducing runing time significantly.
    Keep in mind that this puts you in combat stance, which prevents you from teleporting for a couple of seconds.
  • Free teleportation methods are underlined.
  • Green dot: free teleport destination
  • Red line: running route
  • Blue cross: crash site
  • Purple line: camera angle to spot the star - it will render if it crashed there

Al Kharid Scorpion Mine / Duel Arena
Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) Scorps10
To start scouting, use the Al Kharid Lodestone and run North to the marked location in between the landing spots. Proceed to hop all worlds.

You want to check these locations off your list asap cause of the lack of free teleports nearby. Fire Altar Teleport teletabs can be used at the cost of 200 Runespan points each (which doesn't prove to be a sustainable method). From the marked location you are also able to see both landing spots without moving, resulting in a fairly high chance to find 1-3 stars by cycling through the worlds.

Champion's Guild / Aubury / SE Varrock Mine
Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) Varroc11
Teleport to the Varrock lodestone. Run directly East, hugging the Southern side of the South Varrock Wall.

This route is based off the fact that you can spot the stars from a distance, through the trees of the forest or over the wall. Star Sprites (Tubbies) might not render from this distance, but the D&D timer will be red in this case anyway.

More coming soon.

Last edited by Kawaiiron on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:52 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Ooh, neat tip Kaw Smile

Varrock is by far my least favorite area to scout, this will help me a lot Razz
Back to top Go down
Mirai Leah
Mirai Leah

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 am

I assume that's using NXT and not the legacy client?
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 pm

I kind of forgot the render distances might vary for clients, good point Leah.

I use the NXT client with render distance set to "Medium"
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Mirai Leah
Mirai Leah

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 3:00 am

Very hand tip though, thanks. I'll have to test it out in legacy and see if I can at least see the one by the magic shop, that'd save me quite a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 8:59 am

Ooh distance spotting! That should save a lot of time! Thanks for sharing, Kaw!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)   Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71) Empty

Back to top Go down

Routes for stars/evil trees (Svampebob71)
Page 1 of 1