f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cremation ability now P2P only?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

Cremation ability now P2P only? Empty
PostSubject: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 8:36 pm

I've been hearing rumours in FC that cremation is now no longer obtainable in f2p worlds. It's said that some Jmod had said something about that on one of the social media sites.

I've posted a thread on the RS forums to try to get a definitive answer to this, which can be found here:

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=kXrcUeJNVMI/forums.ws?14,15,257,65966777

if you want to keep an eye on it or post on it.

If it's true, I can't help but feel that to do this after all these years of us having had cremation, is rather unfair on those f2p accounts which are younger and are now considerably disadvantaged compared to we lucky ones. :/

Edit: Kaira's posted this in our Discord, from Frostin's Discord:
https://twitter.com/Zenten3_/status/931332020973785088

Not looking good, though strange that he didn't seem to know if there had been a change recently.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Lol, getting trolled on that thread already. Predictable.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 8:43 am

Further discussion on my RS thread now. This one by 'Uncle Pob' was interesting, and does make sense to me, which could indicate either that the change (if Mod Stu is right that it is no longer f2p) is likely to be either a bug or a mistake:

"Seems like a strange thing to alter.

Jagex can obviously decide, on a whim, to make F2P things members only and vice-versa - but when they do, the whole feature is affected rather than a singular aspect unless there are logical reasons for it: magic logs being F2P doesn't mean magic trees are, purely because there are still no magic trees in the F2P area - that kind of thing.

So if the cremation drop has become members-only, it will be because Jagex may have decided to make the cremation ability itself a members-only ability. So in addition to the drop being removed from the drop tables, any F2P who gained the ability in the past should find that attempting to burn bones should produce a message that you need to be on a members server to do that - because abilities and buffs gainable only through membership cannot be used at all on F2P servers, including by F2P accounts that used to be members.

So are you blocked from burning bones now? I can't find this out, so I don't know.

If you can still burn bones, then there's a bug somewhere: either Jagex intended to remove the ability, but forgot to flag the cremation ability itself as members-only, or the removal of the drop was itself an error. That is, of course, assuming the drop has been removed and not simply been made very very rare.
"

It might be an idea for those of us who have been killing say more than 3k ghosts (since Mod Stu's reddit post indicates it was a 1/1000 chance drop) to try to get cremation, to make an ingame 'bug' report, and see if anything comes of that. If you do, mention in the report that other f2p players have previously got cremation from ghost kills, and roughly how many ghosts you have killed yourself and still been unsuccessful.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am

Oops, saw this thread after I've already commented lol.

Pretty much I believe it's a bug, so hopefully someone decides to report it and get it fixed Razz
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm

I reported it in game anyway, despite me not being one of the ones trying to get it still. 500 character limit to the report so sent them this:

Cremation drops now P2P only in error? (Poss when drop rate changed for Halloween) Evidence:
Mod Stu (Twitter): code for cremation from ghosts shows now P2P drop only.
Previously available on F2P since 2014
No mention of change in patch notes.
At least two F2Ps(one on Twitter, and one known to me personally) have killed 10k+ ghosts with no drop (rate is 1/1000 – source Mod Stu).
Intentional or not, please let us know to avoid wasting efforts or giving up?
Forums thread:
QFC 14-15-257-65966777
Thx!

I reckon it would have more clout coming from a few people who have killed many thousands of ghosts and not got cremation yet though. Anyone else reported?
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 10:09 pm

For the latest, see the link below.

https://twitter.com/JagexStu/status/936567230149595136

In a nutshell:
Yes, the cremation drop is currently p2p only.
Yes, it was a mistake.
Yes, they will be fixing it.
But - not for some time.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Good news!
Cremation and ghost hunter are f2p drops again!
From the patch notes of 16th April 2018:

"Ghosts in F2P are once again able to drop the Cremation ability and ghost hunter outfit."
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 12:19 am

Heck yes!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cremation ability now P2P only?   Cremation ability now P2P only? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cremation ability now P2P only?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
f2pironmanfc :: F2Pironmanfc :: Runescape Topics-
Jump to: