f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please

Go down 
+4
Mat Mase
Im- hezeh
Treemaid
Iron Matko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

For all those that aren't into pvp and try to avoid wildy, well for all of us that go into wildy to avoid combat with other players there's a nice rule in wildy where we can happily roam the wilderness and kill monsters in piece and not risk any items because if a pker comes by and initiates combat we will remain un-skulled and keep 3 items even if we decide to fight back.

So with this we can decide to bring up to 3 valuable items to help us fight certain beasts and know they are safe.

Well while killing revs with just a single high value weapon I found a pker come by and attempt to get this weapon off me by forcing a skull onto me. (happened to me twice now)

So what they do they come by act all friendly and see i'm not interested in pking but I hold a high value item so they stay and chat act all nice. a few minutes pass and a second account shows up. Now this pker knows they cant just kill me because if I die without skull I just keep the weapon and they end up with nothing. Even if I fight back because I didn't initiate the attack I will not become skulled, soo this second account has nothing equipped is lower lvl and has nothing to lose starts to punch me instantly skulling himself.

Now what the pker does is follow this account closely and hope that he irritates me enough to fight back, now I will not become skulled from fighting back but because of the main following close by if I use an area attack ability it will hit the pker and will register as me initiating the attack and I will become skulled hence now will be able to be killed and loose all my items.

Now I don't know if this is as big a thing in f2p but has happened to me twice in p2p.

So my question is, do you believe this is a legit method of pking. Me personally think its a really cheap sleazy attack on innocent players and is exploiting the save 3 item rule for those of us that do not wish to partake in these activities.

Now I know that we all go into wilderness at our own risk and that we can meet pkers and loose items but, is this method a loophole pkers exploit to pk more then they are entitled for praying on weak players that just want to go to wilderness for other reasons?

So should this be fixed so pkers can in no way obtain items we are protecting because we chose not to pk, in my eyes they are mutli-logging to obtain gains which I feel is against rules.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 8:38 pm

From the RS rules on multi-logging: "Similarly, multi-logged accounts must not interact with each other to exploit gameplay mechanics, such as attempting to rig the result of a minigame."

Personally I think this could be classed as the sort of rule-breaking multi-logging that abuses game mechanics, yes. It's a really sneaky, nasty thing to do too!
I'm not sure what could be done to 'fix' it though, unless they made it so that you could not be skulled if you hit on a target that isn't your main target, with a multi-attack ability or something?
Back to top Go down
Im- hezeh

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 10:11 pm

I personally am (maybe say was) a avid p2p pker and to me any type of skull lureing/baiting is cheap and unethical. To start i feel like it is impolite to force someone to fight that is a active player (not a bot) to begin with, but trying to trick a pvm/skiller into skulling is plain untastful. To avoid it would say let the low lvl attack you and kill them, do that once or twice and they will probably leave. Most people that hunt skillers/pvm guys are looking for victims not a standup fight and will usally leave or tab when it turns on them. And if you dont skull wasting time and resources fighting you no longer benefits them. Ofc you may just have a dickhead that has nothing better to do in that case hop worlds or take a break from the wildy. But at the end of the day the guys doing this probably are not good enough to win mutual combat (suck at pking) and are looking for easy victims.

If you are a hcim and are not 100% confident in your pking skills i would simply leave.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 pm

This has happened to me before as well, and while it technically is a PvP mechanic of chaining AoE abilities, like Hezeh has said, it is 'unethical' and perhaps a bug.

if I were you I'd chuck an in-game bug report detailing how AoE abilities can skull you if lurers are standing close enough and I'm sure Jaggy will look into it Smile

I felt pretty stupid after it happened to me as well, and it really is a cheap trick to use, it's pretty darn frustrating! lol >.<
Back to top Go down
Im- hezeh

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm less than helpful when it comes to the AOE abilities and what not I'm just over here hanging out World 57 or 115 on my main but regardless if you're in a single combat area and your AOE it's causing you to skull I would definitely say that's a bug
Back to top Go down
Radisgascht
Community Activist
Community Activist
Radisgascht

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Fight on a legacy only world and you will not experience any of this. They are also very unpopular worlds when comparing other worlds. If a pker comes.. Simply use bind and you can run away from the pkers.
Back to top Go down
i am cats
Community Activist
Community Activist
i am cats

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 pm

This has been around for ages, certainly nothing new - it used to be done with chinchompas, as they're an area attack as well. So I can definitely confirm that it's not a bug and Jagex will not change it as this kind of luring has existed as long as the wilderness has.

That being said, it's definitely a dirty trick and I think it would definitely fall under what Tree was talking about, having two accounts logged in at the same time interacting with each other. I guess it's all about whether it's actually the same person on both or whether it's just two separate people working together - which would not be against the rules, but still not cool.

Of course our friends at Jagex are more than able to tell the difference between the two situations, so ideally reporting them would get them banned? Not that it gets you your items back...

Thanks for giving everyone a heads up, be careful out there!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
i am cats on RuneClan
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 9:04 pm

I'm not convinced it's a bug as such, more like an oversight on Jagex' part.

And having two accounts logged in interacting with each other is no longer against the rules either, unless it is also exploiting game mechanics or exchanging wealth gained from other rule-breaking activities.

I think though, relying on the multi-attack ability to force someone to unwittingly attack the high level account they own, by using their low level account to goad them, does seem to me at least to be interacting with two accounts to exploit game play mechanics.

How that evidence would ever be recorded by the report feature is another matter entirely, since that evidence relies on the chat and trade windows being recorded.

And just for interest's sake, here's the multilogging rule in full:

You are free to create as many accounts as you like and you are welcome to trade between your accounts just as you would with any other legitimate player.

However, if any of your accounts obtained wealth by rule breaking activity for example macro use (botting) or real world trading (buying gold or items from 3rd parties) then all your accounts will be banned.

Similarly, multi-logged accounts must not interact with each other to exploit gameplay mechanics, such as attempting to rig the result of a minigame.

Trading wealth or items between your own accounts is done entirely at your own risk. Unconventional trade methods like drop-, death- or trust-trades are particularly risky and we strongly advise against them.

You may log into multiple accounts across all versions of RuneScape at the same time. However, any account you are using must not be involved in any rule breaking or exploitative activity. Any penalties or sanction for such behaviour will be applied to all of your accounts.
Back to top Go down
Palawag
Palawag

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am

Ohh, thanks for the full rule tree, i wasn't aware it got changed like this Surprised

(gets on 8239047 Scaliwags to mine crashed stars in f2p Rolling Eyes )

____________________________________________________________________________________________
PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please User1-light PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please User1-dark
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

I'd assumed everyone would know by now Scali! You must have thought I was a very naughty Pmod to transfer Arbre's tokens to Treemaid to keep for our event! lol
Back to top Go down
LynskyderAnc

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 pm

I have lost 3 gud chains this way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please   PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please Empty

Back to top Go down

PVP scam or legit PK method? Opinions please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
f2pironmanfc :: F2Pironmanfc :: Runescape Topics-
Jump to: