f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Theory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KairaParker
KairaParker

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Theory   Theory EmptyThu May 25, 2017 11:12 am

Does attack give bonus to your strength.

So attack determines if you hit or miss.

Strength determines how much damage you've done.

But after looking at the math my mind has put together it's own theory.

A weaker person who can "accurately" hit an NPC's internal organs will do more damage than a stronger person who lacks that level of accuracy.

I mean maybe I'm way off track here.

But I really feel that attack is about way more than just hitting or missing. I just instinctively feel that it gives bonuses to strength.

My theory is a 0.25% bonus for every attack level above your strength level. The number I came up with is kind of just an instinct number. Dw it's not a guess number, but rather a proposed hypothesis based on the information presented to me.

Back to top Go down
Alj780
Alj780

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory EmptyThu May 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Attack not only increases your chance to hit, but it will increase the minimal amount you can hit but it will not increase the max hit. Your strength increases how common it is to hit higher and also raises the max hit.
Back to top Go down
KairaParker
KairaParker

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory EmptyThu May 25, 2017 9:23 pm

I feel that it does oddly enough.
Back to top Go down
KairaParker
KairaParker

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory EmptyThu May 25, 2017 9:58 pm

I mean obviously you've been playing longer than me, so you've changed my mind! Attack doesn't influence strength, but I just feel like it does, that's all ^_^
Back to top Go down

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory EmptyFri May 26, 2017 9:02 am

Basically, when training melee in RS3, you would follow this order : attack > strength > defence. The best thing to do is to keep your attack roughly ten levels higher than your strength and defence.

On the contrary, in OSRS, the ideal way of training melee would be to keep your STRENGTH ten levels higher than your attack and defence. Hence, the best melee training order in OSRS is : strength > attack  > defence.

For example :

On Diana, I got 90 attack, 80 strength and 80 defence. Now I will work on 85 strength and defence before getting 99 attack.

On Nin, I was level 40 attack, 40 strength and 40 defence. Then I raised my strength up to level 50, and, afterwards, I reached 50 attack and 50 defence. Then again, I will work on 60 strength, before getting 60 attack and 60 defence. Another efficient option would be to get 60 strength, then 60 attack, then 65 strength, and eventually 60 defence... Well, you see how it works...
Back to top Go down
KairaParker
KairaParker

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:24 am

Why is it different in OSRS? Surprised
Back to top Go down

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory EmptyFri May 26, 2017 11:00 am

Well, in RS3, each monster gives a specific amount of XP when killed (e.g. a lesser demon gives 333 XP). In OSRS, on the other hand, you get XP each time you hit a monster : the harder you hit, the higher the XP drop you receive is (e.g. you get a higher XP drop when hitting 10 than you do when hitting 7).

Thus, in RS3, you want to hit hard often in order to kill the monsters you're training on as fast as possible (the more monsters you kill within a specific amount of time, the higher your xp rate is). In OSRS, since you get XP according to the power of your blows, you want to raise your strength first, so as to be able to hit the monster as high as you can, and get the best possible XP drop.

I hope this is clear enough, it's not easy to explain. Razz
Back to top Go down
KairaParker
KairaParker

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory EmptyFri May 26, 2017 12:00 pm

It's perfect. I actually prefer it to RS3 ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory   Theory Empty

Back to top Go down