f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3

Go down 
+2
Mat Mase
Treemaid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Empty
PostSubject: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 pm

This is true love! Be still O my beating heart!
Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Treehuggingsmiley

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Dave%20the%20ent%20puns%20revised_zps5istimmp

Last edited by Treemaid on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 am

My god, it's like they made this NPC just for you! lol
Back to top Go down
Mirai Leah
Mirai Leah

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 am

Recruit him to our FC, Mat, he'll fit right ent.
Back to top Go down
Alj780
Alj780

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 am

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Rias_f10
Back to top Go down
Ivar

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 8:25 am

Lol, I never noticed! I just sped through the whole conversation.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
You can either sit in your basement and wait, or get out there and do some crazy things.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Rofl Leah!
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Mirai Leah wrote:
Recruit him to our FC, Mat, he'll fit right ent.

Ha ha ha! Goodun. Razz
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 8:17 pm

I have found a new love! And my new love inspired Divine Diana to come out with the most original and apt tree pun I've ever heard, which I shall copy for your edification and delight!
Here is my new love! I shall protect him with my life!
Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Treehuggingsmiley

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Unprotected%20tree_zps48sa0dfs

So you’ll no doubt want to hear the full story. This tree has character! This tree is deserving of love, attention and protection! This tree once had an illustrious past, but now is sadly neglected! He shall be neglected no longer!

The tale begins a long time ago. A tree once grew in behind the anvils in Yanille, but after a  hidden update, mysteriously disappeared, due it was said, to a mistake by Mod Timbo! This did not go unnoticed by our ever watchful players however, and the loss was remarked on in the RS forums. The gods that dictate these things in the world of Gielinor, decided to install a dead tree where that tree once stood. This dead tree had the examine of "Never let Mod Timbo near a thing of beauty" and its stump, an examine of "Tiiiimmmmmmbbbbooooooooooo!"

And thus the story of my new love begins! Roll on some time, and another tree mysteriously vanishes from the south western corner of the west Varrock bank. Of course, there is outcry and Mod Timbo is blamed! The gods of Gielenor harked to the outcry and in late 2015 planted a small sapling, which grew to a tree over a month. Alas, by the first month of the following year, despite its official protection by King Roald announced on a sign by the fence surrounding it, that brave young tree died! Another tree sapling was planted on the same spot, this time, looked over by farmer Jimbo, and thus was my Love nurtured! In a little over a month, my Love grew to full stature! Over time, the brave and glorious history of this tree was forgotten, and the fence protecting it fell into the disrepair we see today, with the sign announcing its status, illegible. But I shall remember my Love’s glory days! I shall protect him as long as I draw…err, water!

Here is a picture of him in his prime that I shall ever treasure!

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Protected%20tree_zpsambgfktp

And Divine Diana’s original tree pun, which - though an accusation totally unjustified bearing in mind the obviously superior qualities my dear ‘Un’-protected Tree has over Dave the Ent - was one I found extremely clever and well worth sharing! Also an excellent pun by Baker Jo, that I've only just noticed on a re-read! Surprised

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Hollow%20tree%20pun_zpsxkszps0c

Last edited by Treemaid on Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 8:28 pm

At first, I thought this pun was so bad I wouldn't even dare to write it... But I'm glad you appreciated it so much! Very Happy

Also, what I think makes this pun even richer is that you can interpret "hollow" as "empty", "callous" or "devoid of any feeling/emotion", but also as "deceitful", "insincere" and "secretive" (hence referring to your cheating on poor Dave)... Razz
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 11:32 pm

Rofl! Poor Dave Razz
Back to top Go down
KairaParker
KairaParker

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 EmptySun May 28, 2017 4:39 am

Dave the Ent - Legend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3   Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave the Ent, Master of Tree Puns <3
Page 1 of 1