f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? Empty
PostSubject: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Oï everyone!

Right, I'm sick of training woodcutting on those weeping willows in the gloomy village of Draynor (damn, I've been training there from level 30 to level 90!) Very Happy Therefore, I was wondering if anyone had some precise XP rates for woodcuting and firemaking using maple logs, assuming that you use urns and rely on the cut and burn method (in particular, I would like to know the rates at higher woodcutting levels, starting from level 90 onwards).

Brief reminder :

Woodcutting :

- 67/68 xp per willow logs cut
- 100 xp per maple logs cut

Firemaking :

- 105 xp per willow logs added to a bonfire
- 175 xp per maple logs added to a bonfire

I have the impression that, although willows provide better woodcutting xp per hour, maples might provide better firemaking xp per hour (at higher wc levels, that is). This impression is bolstered by two obvious facts : 1) it takes a bit longer (about 30-35 seconds longer) to fill up a whole inventory of maples than it takes to fill an inventory of willows, but 2) it takes the exact same time to burn a whole inventory of maples than it takes to burn an inventory of willows. Having said that, it should also be taken into account that it takes longer to refill urns if you're cutting maples on Daemonheim peninsula, than it takes if you're cutting willows at Draynor or at the Crafting guild. Numbers set aside, in terms of comfort, maples are also more afk'able than willows (and maples have way more beautiful colours than willows. Yes, that's a crucial, underrated aspect of woodcutting!)...

I tried to do some testing myself earlier on, but I had some connectivity issues and the game kept crashing, so I couldn't quite carry out the experiment properly. Here are nonetheless the (probably slightly inaccurate) rates I managed to figure out for maples w'cing and f'ming : 32k woodcutting xp per hour, and about 46k firemaking xp per hour. Please note that I'm currently level 90 woodcutting. I'm not sure how good or bad this is compared to willows w'cing and f'ming. Maybe, if no one has more accurate information (and if my wi-fi allows me to do so), I'll try again tonight... :p

Thanks in advance,

Diana.
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 9:33 pm

I might try this later but imo... Yews FTW! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Lol, I tried yews as well, but I'm really too impatient for these (even at level 90 woodcutting, they feel painfully slow haha)... :p And the Daemonheim peninsula is such a peaceful place to be! :p
Back to top Go down
Mirai Leah
Mirai Leah

PostSubject: Re: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 3:05 am

Efficiency and xp rates are something I've never paid attention to, but I personally like doing maples because they're more afkable. It's exhausting to deal with an inventory of willows as fast as they come. I take about 14 urns at a time and that seems to be a nice middle ground number. I don't have to babysit it as much in the beginning, and it's long enough that a bank trip for more urns is a nice break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 9:39 am

^ My thoughts exactly. I think I'll go for this option (at least until I reach level 99 firemaking).
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 9:56 am

*Hides research behind back* I totally did not go full nerd and calculate everything 'o_0

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 11:53 am

Haha, good job, Mat! x)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?   Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cut'n'burn willows vs. maples : precise xp rates?
Page 1 of 1