f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forgotten F2p Features

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

Forgotten F2p Features Empty
PostSubject: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Hey Everyone Smile
As a few of you know, I enjoy exploring the game in my spare time. I've found some interesting thingies that people seem to have forgotten about, and compiled them.
I was previously going to make a video about this but I never got the time to rebuild my channel so I might as well put it here.

Here's a list of thing that you may not have known existed in the F2p game:

-Draynor manor cabbages: The cabbages that grow in the manor do not stack with regular cabbages in the bank. They only heal for 200HP as opposed to the 210HP from regular cabbages, however these little guys actually provide a defense bonus when eaten! This is one of two replenish-able f2p items that can do this.

-Prayer Boost: The altar upstairs in the Edgeville monastery (requires 31 Prayer) provides a small (+20) prayer boost to your stat. This adds extra points into you prayer pool allowing it to exceed the maximum, however this does not let you access higher leveled prayers.

-Muddy Keys: There are monsters in the wilderness called Chaos Dwarves located near the upper entrance of the Forinthry dungeon and at their camp, east of the wilderness pond. They have an uncommon drop of a 'Muddy Key' which can be used to open the maze at the end of Lava maze for some loot. The loot from the chest always contains: 1 Uncut Ruby, 1 Mithril Bar, 1 Mithril Dagger, 1 Anchovy Pizza, 2 Law runes, 2 Death runes, 10 Chaos runes, and 50 gp. After an update, the muddy chest always give 5k cash along with some random items from it's reward table (May be p2p).

-Spices for food!: One of the rewards from the quest 'Let Them Eat Pie' is the spice necklace. This necklace has a special passive effect allowing all the food you eat to 'taste better' and therefore healing 50HP more that it usually would. This works for multi-bite foods as well including pies and pizzas, and you don't need it equip to have the full effects (simply letting it sit in your inventory would allow it to work). I have calculated that the spice necklace is good to carry around for all F2p foods up to swordfish as long as you have at least 24 of them in your inventory.

-Skull Sceptre: While many of the more seasoned players will know about this one, I feel like it should be included in here for possible newer players. The skull sceptre is a magic weapon (though it's stats are appalling) that can be wielded like a staff. It provides up to 8 teleport unlimited free teleports (after an update) to the Barbarian village/Gunnarsgrunn mine. You can obtain the four separate pieces of the staff by killing various creatures on different floors in the stronghold of security.

-Kebabs: Kebabs can be bought from the Al Kharid Kebab shop just north of the bank. This is one of the cheapest foods that you can obtain, at a low 1 gp each, it can heal for a random amount of your HP and also has a chance to increase your Attack, Strength and Defense levels by 1-3. Please do note that kebabs have a chance to 'go bad' and deal a small amount of damage to your health heal nothing and lower your stats, therefore they are probably not a good choice of food for high-risk situations.

-Karumjan Rum (banana): You can use a Banana (or sliced banana) on a bottle of Karumjan rum to make a Karumjan rum (banana). These currently have no use (though the ones with sliced bananas can be used for a p2p quest). It's still fun to collect though!
These items will not be recognised by the customs officer and can be smuggled off the island, however they are not consumable nor can you reverse the action to take out the banana.

-Drag Alchemy: (requires to be in the EoC interface) When fighting monsters that drop alchables, it may not be efficient to find a safespot and then attempt to alch the drops with your Explorers ring or Pet alchemy. Instead, you can simply drag the item that you wish to alch to your coins pouch! This works for the free alchemy spells that you have on you and will prioritize them.

I may add more to this list when I have more time to explore, meanwhile, I hope you enjoyed travelling around the game testing these out for yourself!

Mat & Arc Very Happy

Last edited by Mat Mase on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:42 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
Iron Matko

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:26 am

Nice list of forgotten items, don't think I've finished the quest for that spice necklace yet lol, should really finish all f2p quests been putting it off forever =p.

With the alter I believe theres a lvl requirement to enter that monastery, unless removed which would be good idea to mention.

Skull scepters, well now Ankou's have been buffer to a lvl 100+ monster (what they feel like they really should be, then would also give us a 100+ monster for those combat dailies =) ) they will be harder to collect.

If not mistaken don't kebabs also have a chance of doing damage if you get a bad one, Even though I never want to see a HCIM die, just once I would love to see a HCIM death by kebab lol.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks for that list Mase, there were indeed a few there that I'd forgotten about!

Like Matko, I had a feeling kebabs could also randomly cause damage. (That would certainly be worth a screenie for a HCIM to die to a kebab Matko! lol)
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 1:30 am

Thanks Matko and Tree for the feedback, Made some amendments to the article warning players about bad kebabs and also the prayer requirement for the altar in the monastery.

If you have anything you'd like to share, please do post it up as well! Very Happy

Back to exploring for me! lol
Back to top Go down
Mat Mase
Admin
Admin
Mat Mase

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 am

Added 2 more to the list, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 am

Ooh didn't know about that drag alch feature! Probably because I always play on legacy interfaces, lol. That does look very useful though!
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features EmptySat May 21, 2016 2:37 pm

OMG I love the drag alchemy one! I was struggling so much with this at Lessers/Greaters... Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten F2p Features   Forgotten F2p Features Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgotten F2p Features
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
f2pironmanfc :: F2Pironmanfc :: Runescape Topics-
Jump to: