f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Off-hand weapons in f2p

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fasten Me

PostSubject: Off-hand weapons in f2p   Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Since the introduction of dual wielding in the free to play version of runescape I've wondered if it is possible to receive off-hand weapons as drops in a free world.

My initial theory is that no, it's like batwing and blue d'hide, if an ironman wants them you have to get them in the members worlds (or in this case have the smithing level to make them).

I asked in the fc and heard mixed reports, the rumor was that greater demons may or may not drop off-hand rune maces and the kbd does drop off-hand rune longswords.

I decided to do a little field test, hopped on my main account and geared up with an inventory of lobsters and went down to forinthy dungeon to kill some greaters on a free world.

I was there for about 45 minutes, got 4 full helms, 3 main-hand maces, 2 wine of zamorak and an uncut diamond. Also something I didn't know, boss versions of greater demons spawn in free worlds.

So preliminary results are that off-hand rune maces are not dropped in free worlds, but I plan to do a little more testing because this is hardly conclusive but on the other hand you can't really prove that something doesn't drop.
I will not be testing kbd or giant mole because I suspect since they were introduced to f2p at the same time as dual wielding, any off-hands on their drop list will be available. Farming bosses is beyond the scope of my ironman anyway.

If anyone has had any off-hand drop from any monster at all, please post here and let me know.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
The Gullible
The Gullible

PostSubject: Re: Off-hand weapons in f2p   Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm

It'll be interesting to hear the results of your further testing! Let us know, ay? Smile
Back to top Go down
Wobbegong
The Die Hard
The Die Hard

PostSubject: Re: Off-hand weapons in f2p   Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:04 pm

Hecate 2 posted a 10 hour loot video on his YouTube channel (also Hecate 2) from Greater demons today and he did not get a single off-hand rune mace. This is sound evidence that Greaters do not drop off-hand maces in f2p.

Here is the video if you wish to check out for yourself:

Back to top Go down
Iron Matko
The Savage
The Savage

PostSubject: Re: Off-hand weapons in f2p   Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:06 am

I heard they do but it I extremely rare, I will deffinetly mention if I ever do get my hands on one though =)
Back to top Go down
Fasten Me

PostSubject: Re: Off-hand weapons in f2p   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:30 am

Far out. Well that's all the testing I need. Hecate to the rescue again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off-hand weapons in f2p   

Back to top Go down

Off-hand weapons in f2p
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1