f2pironmanfc
f2pironmanfc

f2pironmanfc

The communication hub for RuneScape free to play Ironman players from f2pironmanfc friends chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Until I Lag

Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ Empty
PostSubject: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:04 pm

So I have nowhere else to put this at:
So while I was in the chat there were like 4 chat mods on and an argument went down (not naming anyone but I was part of it) and the mods did nothing about it. Then names were being called (pretty much I was the one getting called names) and still a chat mod didn't say anything, I ended up pming a chat mod and still nothing.
I ended up shutting up because I got tired of the name calling and still I get named called (this is what I get for being nice I guess)
I'm not going to even bother with taking screenies because I've been told the one that started the argument wont even get punished (which since I've been in this fc they have caused nothing but trouble for me and makes me not want to even be in it)
It seems unfair that's allowed and I'm tempted to permanently leave the fc.
Also I hosted an event not even a day before and gave away 3 bonds and now I'm getting treated like crap? I was playing loads of events but noooooooooooo now I decided I'm not going to host any until this is taken care of and the one that likes to hide behind mods is removed from the fc (and if I get removed I'll just go back to a jmods fc I honostly don't care, I just wanted to help out f2p irons)
If this isn't fixed at all I'm gone for good and my experience is gone as well (12 years of the game is lost to the friends chat just because of 1 person)
Why not just take the smart idea and remove 1 person that has caused a few people (so far I have seen at least 2 people leave and not come back in the week I've been in the fc) and a 3rd is getting ready to head off.
Please fix this...
If you wish to have names just pm me and I'll tell you.
Back to top Go down
Until I Lag

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:05 pm

Also it started off with pretty much saying I have to train like the said person or I'm an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Treemaid
Admin
Admin
Treemaid

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi Until I Lag,

I am really sorry that you've had an unpleasant experience in the chat. We do our best as a moderation team to avoid that happening, but sometimes our best is not enough sadly.

I am not aware of the situation that's happened though, and so am unable to comment on the specifics. I cannot really do anything about it in retrospect either sadly, as it would turn into how one person has perceived what has happened against how another person perceived it, and action based just on say so is very likely to result in the wrong action being taken. If you would like to raise the matter to the Admin team in pm on this forum though, we will take it into consideration, even if it’s only to keep a closer eye on the person you refer to in future.

Just to let you know though, FC ranks, like any other player, sometimes get distracted with in game activities, or are largely AFK doing something else at home while they play, or can get tied up with a conversation elsewhere. If I am quiet myself for any length of time in the FC, chances are that's because I'm caught up with something elsewhere. They do not necessarily have their eyes on the chat all the time that they are in it, and I think it would be unreasonable to expect them to do that. It is unfortunate that four ranks seemed not to notice the disruption in chat, but that is bound to happen now and then.

Another point to note is that if a rank gives a player a warning for certain behaviour, that will happen by pm whenever possible, not in the public FC chat. It is possible that warnings may have been given at some stage in that conversation of which you were unaware.

As a general comment, we all have different styles of play and approaches to the way we play. Sadly some people are more adamant than others that theirs is the only way, and that can lead to friction. Personally I find the best approach when someone is being unreasonable in any way, is to put that player on ignore. It’s hard for them to continue a one-sided argument with no one. It would also mean that you could continue to enjoy the chat without the irritation of that person’s approach bothering you. Personalities will always clash, and that will happen now and then in any FC that is open to anyone, since we’re all very different people. If someone rubs us up the wrong way, a quick solution is not to offer them anything to react to by using the iggy tool, or just not responding at all.

Please don’t think that I’m using that as a cop out for our ranks taking action when necessary though. If we see something unacceptable in the chat, we do undertake to deal with it appropriately, though you may not see the measures we have taken to do that.  

Just to say too, I hope you know that I am grateful to you for organising the hide and seek event that you have, and your generous gift of prizes for that event. I hope you also realise and appreciate the fact that we seek to be unbiased in the way we moderate the chat and that we endeavour to make sure that our own individual friendships or gratitude towards certain players do not colour the way we moderate the FC, in the name of fairness. I do hope you won’t feel that leaving the FC is your only option; I have personally enjoyed your contributions to the chat and value your input. Smile
Back to top Go down
Until I Lag

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm

From what I was told by kawa, you guys just ignore the cyber bully and let him/her do their own thing.
Back to top Go down
Frostin
Frostin

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Don't get me wrong here, but most arguments that happen in the FC, is because of you. You're always a part of it.
Maybe you should just stop pointing fingers and accept you're the cause of these stir ups in the FC as of late.
Back to top Go down
Until I Lag

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:28 pm

It's because I'm the only one that actually wants to put a voice out, no one else will stand up to the fc bully other than me.
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Frankly you haven't been around in the fc enough to call anyone a bully. Some people have bad moments, but they usually have been such a help that one argument isn't gonna spoil everything.

I did have some people speak up to me about things that have changed for the worse in the fc lately, so we know where the pressure points are. None of them addressed cyber bullying. As long as it's a one man show, I want these issues to be solved in private chat from now on -outside of the fc- or both arguers are getting kicked; simple as that
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Until I Lag

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:11 pm

You guys don't seem to get it, I don't care if I get kicked, only the one that wants to argue doesn't want to get kicked.
Back to top Go down
Until I Lag

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Also since it seems I'm permed from the fc, I don't give a rats ass either, gl with a dead friendschat!
Back to top Go down
Kawaiiron
Kawaiiron

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks Lag we appreciate your support Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/cuteiron/profile
Until I Lag

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Anytime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/   Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/ Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this where rants go? no idea so I'm putting it here :/
Page 1 of 1